Los Angeles: Samsung Galaxy S3 is relatively an old phone now. The tech giant of South Korea is not releasing updates for this device anymore. But some users still want to use their stalwart Galaxy S3 with new updates.
Recent reports revealed that Samsung Galaxy S3 (GT-I9300) users can still upgrade their device to the latest Android 4.4.4 KitKat version (Although the latest version is Android L 5.0 Lollipop, but there is no information about updation of this by Samsung for S3) by using customized firmware called LiquidSmooth KitKat ROM.
According to the report, LiquidSmooth ROM is an after-market firmware that depends on Android Open Source Project (AOSP). This LiquidSmooth KitKat ROM comprises various features like notification reminder, lock screen style, custom carrier label, hardware key binding, advanced reboot, custom tiles and list view animations.Users must be aware that the custom ROM is not released by the company officially and hence they have to root their devices before going ahead with the LiquidSmooth ROM.
Follow the below mentioned steps to update your Samsung Galaxy S3 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat:
- Download the Android 4.4.4 KitKat ROM LiquidSmooth firmware and Google apps for Galaxy S III on your computer.
- Use USB data cable and mount your Galaxy S3 USB memory to the computer.
- Once your device is detected, copy the downloaded Google Apps zip files and Android 4.4.4 ROM, and paste it to the SD card on your device. The files should be copied to the root of the SD card and not to any folders.
- Turn off the phone and detach it from the USB cable after copying the files to your SD card.
- Get into the recovery mode by turning on the phone while simultaneously pressing and holding home + volume up+ power buttons.
- Now perform a complete data wipe by choosing “factory reset /wipe data “.
- After erasing the data completely, wipe all your caches by choosing "wipe cache partition".
- It is also recommended to wipe off your dalvik cache as well (optional). By doing this, it doesn’t lead you to any boot loops or other errors. To clear your Dalvik cache, go to CWM recovery>"advanced" and then select "wipe dalvik cache".
- After wiping Dalvik cache, get back to main recovery screen and choose "install zip from SD card".
- Now select "choose zip from SD card" by using the volume keys on your device, go to the Android 4.4.4 ROM zip file that you downloaded from your computer and select it by using power button. Confirm the set up and installation on the next screen.
- After installation gets completed, choose "+++Go Back+++" and reboot your device by selecting "reboot system”option from the recovery menu.
The unit restarts automatically and it might take a few minutes to boot for the first time. Now you can enjoy the whole new experience of Android 4.4.4 KitKat version on your Samsung Galaxy S3.
Fortune Innovations Los Angeles offers excellent app development services based on specific requirements. Our developers have diverse experience in mobile application development and are capable of providing you the outclass applications at an adequate cost. Do get in touch with us for any requirements on Android app development.